Under direct supervision, provide support for research related to autism spectrum disorders. This includes providing support for psychologists and research staff working with families of children with autism spectrum disorder, reviewing medical and educational records, providing administrative support for the laboratory, assisting in general laboratory maintenance, and collecting, entering, and assisting in the organization and analysis of data.
Full Time/Non-Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Key functions: 1. Collect and organize data from a variety of reference sources (5%)
Prepare charts, graphs, and tables according to accepted research practices
Perform preliminary analysis
2. Assist in investigating and gathering data (40%)
Route questionnaires, record information and distribute results using established procedures
Assist with recruiting and interviewing study participants
Review and extract pertinent information from medical records
Schedule assessments of study participants and corresponding research staff and clinicians
3. Provide appropriate documentation for research (10%)
Update manual and/or automated database file and maintain records
Maintain current regulatory binders for study protocols
Data entry and maintenance of clinical participant data logs
Document and submit records for participant compensation
4. Assist in the preparation of materials for publication (5%)
Edit and/or type manuscripts according to accepted practices and mission
Read professional journals and attend meetings and/or seminars
Attend meetings with project team(s)
Participate in regular check-ins with direct supervisor
5. Support psychologists and research staff during participant appointments
Consent families for research
Assist in supervising children during research appointments
Videotape research assessments and assist in appropriate upload of deidentified media using established procedures
Ongoing adherence and support to sanitation requirements of all materials and clinic spaces before and after scheduled assessments
6. May assist graduate students in video based or in-vivo coding
Video coding and/or editing
Behavioral or affective coding of research assessments
7. May assist in lab maintenance
Order supplies and equipment
Monitor and maintain inventory control
Ensure that the appropriate materials are set up and taken down for research appointments
Bachelors Diploma (or equivalent experience) and <1 years relevant experience. (** familiarity with the field of developmental disabilities preferred **)
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.