You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Do you enjoy working & helping patients, families, and their friends with their meals? Then you will enjoy working at the Banner University Medical Center Tucson Campus. We provide meals for our patients and their loved ones, as well as provide meals for our wonderful doctors, staff, and clinics. The Food Service Worker is a member of the food service team on one or more assignments in cleaning, food preparation, patient tray-line or retail cafe. You will provide service and assistance to patients, staff and other customers.
This is a full time opportunity, working a mix of AM and PM shifts, with weekends and holiday availability required. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position works as a member of the food service team on one or more assignments in cleaning, food preparation, patient trayline or retail cafe. Provides service and assistance to patients, staff and other customers in accordance with established dietary and retail cafe policies and procedures.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Sets up work station and prepares all assigned foods and nourishments in the correct quantities, following established procedures, portion control and food quality standards. Assures that food presentation continually meets standards.
2. Cleans and sanitizes dishes, flatware, trays, cups, glasses and cooking utensils. Also cleans and sanitizes designated equipment and kitchen areas disposing of all waste materials. Monitors dish machine temperature.
3. Maintains par levels of foods and/or supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks expiration dates.
4. Checks and records food and equipment temperatures according to defined procedures, and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
5. May deliver meals, nourishments, late trays and/or tube feedings to units; return excess nourishments as requested. May also assist in catering or special event service.
6. May handle transactions at cash register (if applicable) and/or cafe.
7. This position interacts with other food service department personnel, hospital staff, patients and families. Requires the ability to follow a work routine with regular supervision, to work quickly and correctly while providing good customer service and maintaining sanitation standards. The work requires the ability to follow instructions and guidelines for the use of cleaning chemicals and be able to work in physical contact with them.
This position requires the ability to learn and follow established policy and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, to communicate effectively and to provide customer service. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
POS (cash register) when applicable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.