Biomedical Clinical Engineering III – AdventHealth Winter Park FT Days
Location Address:200 N. Lakemont Ave. Winter Park, FL 32792
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Winter Park
Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Clinical Engineer III (CE3) installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of highly complex biomedical equipment and systems, independent of technical supervision. The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of duties. The CE3 serves as an advisor to administrative, medical, and clinical staff in the safe use and proper operation of clinical equipment and in developing specifications for the selection of new equipment. This position also contributes to department improvement and development by mentoring other associates. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training
Five (5) years of experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Bachelor’s degree in technology
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Valid Class “E” Florida Driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth policy; variable travel requirements depending on primary site that may require use of personal vehicle
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Technical Certification (CBET)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Complex computer skills required, including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, interpret computer codes, and apply networking concepts
Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Strong written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
• Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
• Repair, install, and calibrate highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
• Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns
• Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
• Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
• Lead Service Operations Special Projects as assigned. Travel to sites and\or work with other Central Office associates as necessary for the collection and analysis of information and\or data pertaining to any special assignments
• On-Call rotation and flexible work time may be required.
• Some travel within the region may be required.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, naming conventions and service history
• Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
• Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
Department Relationship Management
• Build and maintain customer relationships
• Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
• Adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served.
• Serve as an ambassador for Clinical Engineering by integrating the core values into job performance
• Perform Incoming Inspections to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, nomenclature, and service history
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.