Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you!!
The provider and employees at the West Valley Banner Health Centers are committed to providing comprehensive care for all people of all ages. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with our patients and create personalized care plans to support each patient's specific health needs. We provide compassionate care and believe in involving patients in their own care, as much as possible. Bring your dedication and determination to succeed. You will have daily opportunities to strengthen your supervisory abilities, and utilize your decision making skills to make a difference in the lives of patients and staff.
Banner strives to push boundaries, challenge the norm, and come up with ways to make health care easy for our patients and for our staff . If you are looking to be challenged, work with a large team that is focused on getting the absolute best results for patients, then Banner West Valley Litchfield Primary Clinic is just the place to start or continue your journey in healthcare- with 7 providers and 16 FTEs (clinical and non-clinical). Bring your passion of working as a Practice Supervisor to this team-run clinic, where the staff knows what their expectations are and works together as a team to complete day to day functions. In this role you will assist the Practice Manager with leadership in her practice. This includes coordinating employee schedules as needed, oversee daily practice operations, cover as needed. This position is also responsible for helping to coordinate meetings for providers, staff, and leadership. Responsibilities include meeting metrics/goals, managing day to day operations, time cards, tasks, Huddles, 1:1 with team members. Characteristics sought based on team culture or work environment expectations. Team player, positive attitude, and motivated. Must be driven to build up team members and create a positive work environment. Expectations include on-site support, rounding with team members. Some daily responsibilities include back fills for staffing. Meetings- like rev cycle, communication, etc. (1-2 a day a week), being there for the staff and patients, assisting the manager with projects. Timecards, process improvement projects. Daily tasks- referral reports, accuracy rates for patients encounters.
Location is: 4860 N. Litchfield Rd., Litchfield AZ 85340** with a back-up to the Verrado clinic 20751 W Market St Buckeye Az 85396. Extended hours clinic. Candidates must be flexible to work during these hours for leadership role with manager. Monday- Thursday 7a-7p, Friday 8a-5p Sat 8a-1p.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position works to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the assigned department, including day-to-day administration of non-physician staff and operations. Uses specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide excellent patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supervises the day to day activities of non physician staff, ensuring a high level of productivity. Continuously monitors the functioning of the medical group and recommends changes to operational procedures as necessary.
2. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow of staff. Schedules non physician staff ensuring that staff is appropriately deployed among offices.
3. Oversee all functions of the medical group including reception and scheduling activities, patient service areas, accounting, medical records, transcription, business information systems, and appropriate clinical areas.
4. Functions as a liaison between non physician staff and physicians to ensure effective service for patients. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with group physicians. Serves as a role model and resource person for providing quality patient care and patient information as needed.
5. Maintains office policies and procedures in accordance with physician requirements, facility and system policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related regulatory requirements.
6. Determines physical maintenance and equipment needs and repairs and coordinates internal or external resources. Resolves problems relating to the facility on a day-to-day basis. Ensures all areas are appropriately stocked and supplies are readily accessible.
7. Covers front and/or back office functions. May also administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed, and consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice.
8. This position has a strong understanding of the daily workflow of the practice and functions autonomously to provide guidance to ensure quality patient experiences and efficient practice operations. This position is required to have working knowledge of referral and authorization processes and must have the ability to navigate a variety of separate computer programs at any given time and handle multiple demands on time. Internal customers include all patients, staff and clinic providers. External customers include the community, vendors and non-clinic providers and facilities.
Requires a level of literacy, communication and math skills as normally demonstrated at the level of an Associate's Degree.
Certain assignments may require current certification as a Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant or current LPN license.
Requires a level of knowledge and ability normally demonstrated by at least three years experience in a physician's office or medical environment. Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.