Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time, Salaried
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Keep me Safe, Love Me, Make It Easy and Own it.
Engage the Consumer • Respond to inpatient referrals within 24 hours (Inpatient chaplain only) • Respond to outpatient referrals within 48 hours
• Participate in evening and weekend chaplaincy care for inpatient (inpatient chaplain only) and outpatient referrals Improve People Systems • Participate in Leadership Spiritual Formation • Participate in leadership of Clinical Team Spiritual Formation • Provide Spiritual Support and Assessment for Clinical Unit Leadership • Provide Spiritual Support and Assessment for team members (clinical and non-clinical) in your setting Improve the Product (patient experience) Participate in: • 24/7/365 in-person care for spiritual wholeness concerns • Provide professional spiritual care for acute spiritual needs including: end of life care, difficult diagnosis, decedent care, family crises, pre-surgical support, etc. • Addressing concerns at time of care transition as referred • Lead (outpatient chaplain only) and Assist with spiritual care volunteer coordination as needed • Exhibits knowledge of the levels of growth, development, and skills for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
Expand the Network • Welcome and partner in care with community clergy who are providing spiritual care for congregants in the inpatient setting • Lead educational events, workshops and conferences with community clergy, local congregations, community events Lower the Cost • Whole person care concerns for patients are addressed • Team members experience support and whole person care through increased availability of care Manage Risk • Respond to patient and team member whole person care concerns in a timely way • Participate in Ethics Consults and Family meetings • Chart all care – accurately and in a timely way • Collaborate with Pastoral Educators – providing feedback on student competencies
What You Will Need:
• Personal commitment to God.
• Personal integrity and an ability to work under stress.
• Ability to demonstrate pastoral leadership qualities by earning the respect of nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in the clinical context.
• Displays a high skill level completing tasks and communicating using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to effectively relate to and consistently provide meaningful spiritual care to patients, families and staff from diverse religious, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of two units of Clinical Pastoral Education, at a center accredited by ACPE, Inc.
• Prefer a Master of Divinity degree or master’s degree (72-hour minimum) in theology, religious education or related field such as: Spiritual care or chaplaincy
Clinically trained minister responsible for providing spiritual care to our primary customers, partners, and team members. Participates as a member of the healthcare team in evaluating spiritual needs provides one to one, short-term spiritual support to patients, families and care team members in inpatient, outpatient, urgent-care, corporate and other specialized care settings. Also provides supportive brief spiritual counseling and community referrals, following a comprehensive spiritual wholeness assessment of concerns.
Fosters a sense of mission that enhances a culture of Trust, experience of Belonging, and a future of Hope within the hospital and the healthcare team. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equal
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.