Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
1. Provide information, comfort and direct services to families by coordinating the implementation of Core Curriculum parent education hours and additional, customized social activities to ensure NFS core program metrics are achieved.
2. Recruit, onboard, train and manage volunteers, including the family staff advisory committee and social activity volunteers. Ensure compliance with March of Dimes and hospital protocols and policies.
3. Coordinate annual NICU staff professional development opportunity that promotes principles of family-centered care and participate in education offerings from March of Dimes and hospital partner.
4. Serve as a liaison between March of Dimes and NFS hospital site to maintain and/or deepen partnership. Develop an annual Patient Experience Project in collaboration with March of Dimes and NICU leadership.
5. Maintain accurate records of program activities, including those mandated by the national offices, and program impact reporting as directed by and to March of Dimes and hospital partner.
1. Bachelor's Degree required.
2. Master's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience in Social Work, Education, Public Health or related field; or License to practice as a registered nurse.
3. Two to four years of experience in a related field or experience as a NICU parent.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.