Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Banner Desert Medical Center/Banner Children's at Desert Main Surgery Department has 24 Operating Rooms, which includes 3 trauma rooms, 6 pediatric rooms, 1 cysto suite, 4 minimally invasive and 3 robotic rooms. ??BDMC/CCMC offers a full range of surgical specialties, including Peds Cardiovascular and Adult and Peds Trauma, Urology, Orthopedics, General, Gynecology, Neurology, EENT, Plastics and Robotics. We are the busiest OR in the valley, fast paced, and performing high acuity cases. In 2017, BDMC/CCMC Main Surgery Department performed over 21,000 surgeries.????Adult cardiovascular, Labor & Delivery and Endoscopy Services are covered by separate departments.????Our technologies includes TAVR, Volcano IVUS in the hybrid room.??Si and Xi da Vinci robots.??Banner Desert Medical Center is recognized by??US News as a High Performing Hospital in Procedure/Condition Category.??Surgical service lines include general, gyn, urology,??robotics, ortho, neuro, plastics, and Level I trauma, peds and adult.??
This position is Monday-Friday 2:30p-11p, no weekends and call requirement. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Children's Hospital at Desert If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Banner Children's Hospital at Desert in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides support to the surgical team by providing basic patient care and assistance as directed. Promotes patient safety by assuring safe functioning of OR specialty equipment during procedures and ensuring appropriate supplies are available.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves as a resource person in designated surgical specialty to ensure coordination of necessary instruments and equipment.
2. Maintains unit equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: setting up; cleaning; performing basic troubleshooting of equipment; performing safety checks on equipment and specialty carts as directed, calibrates and replaces soda lime. Monitors equipment for malfunctions, performs light maintenance or arranges for repairs. May complete room setup, assemble equipment, and maintain anesthesia specialty carts.
3. Tracks and monitors availability of equipment and instruments for procedures in collaboration with the members of the OR Team.
4. Maintains adequate inventory of anesthesia and surgical supplies both in the OR and anesthesia work areas.
5. Assists with pulling supplies for cases, rotating inventory, and monitoring expiration dates.
6. Under the direction of the RN circulator, assists with basic patient care as requested. Practices aseptic technique per competency.
7. Performs functional tasks and utilizes equipment as delegated by a licensed professional. This may require additional specialized training provided by the department, consistent with demonstrated competency.
8. Assists with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in OR room turnover.
9. Responsibilities are typically within the department but may require assisting in other areas which administer anesthesia. Incumbents must be able to think critically and make quick decisions in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, anesthesiologists, RNs and other members of the multiple-disciplinary OR team.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification.
An understanding of inventory management tasks and the ability to work effectively with a computer based inventory management system.
Requires strong communication (written and verbal) skills, time management, problem solving ability, customer service and organizational skills.
Previous experience working with specialty instruments and equipment is strongly preferred. Knowledge of patient related supplies, materials, and aseptic techniques are preferred. Previous experience in an acute care setting, preferably surgical services or specialty procedure area.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.