Better Than Ever for Nurses. At Banner Health, we are more committed than ever to investing in our nurses with better pay, better benefits, better opportunities, better well-being, better flexibility, better experiences - better nursing.
Banner Ironwood Medical Center resides in the heart of San Tan Valley serving Queen Creek, Florence, San Tan Valley, and other neighboring communities. Since opening in 2010, Banner Ironwood Medical Center has provided an excellent patient experience, with all the amenities of a hotel and the highest quality of health care available.?? Our 34 bed Emergency Department serves both adult and pediatric patients with ACEP board certified physicians capable of managing complex and simple health care emergencies. Patients can count on collaboration and innovation in processes with the use of technologies foundational to Banner???s ability to provide industry leading care. ??We hold the State of Arizona designation as a Level IV Trauma Center and the Arizona Chapter American Academy Pediatrics designation as Pediatric Prepared. We have a new 12 bed Pediatric Inpatient Unit and Adult Critical Care Unit offering a healing environment designed to enhance outcomes, healing, and patient safety.
As a Registered Nurse in our Emergency Department you are a vital member of the multi-professional care team, we strive to advance the art and science of patient care, quality and safety.????If you are looking to work with all patients and a wide range of patient acuity levels, this is the position for you.??You will also have the opportunity utilize our self-scheduling tool for shift and weekend coverage. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential.
This is a day shift, 7a-7p opportunity
* $10,000 Sign-On Bonus??offered to candidates with 12 months ED RN experience with a 24 month agreement.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please visit the main job search page and use keywords RN New Grad to search for openings.
Banner Ironwood Medical Center is committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the southeast communities of metropolitan Phoenix. Our first patient tower has 47 beds, including eight LDR rooms and can accommodate up to 86 beds when fully equipped. We also feature a full service emergency department, four surgical suites and medical imaging services. With our 80-acre campus, more than 500 beds and supporting health services could be built on our site. This means an exceptional opportunity for you to establish a career where the potential for growth is limitless.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
2. Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of are. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient???s status.
3. Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
5. Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient's response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
7. Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
8. In some roles, this position may supervise staff and work flow of the department.
9.Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information. Also works with clergy to provide spiritual support. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary/interim RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Banner Registry and Travel acute care positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area. Banner Registry and Travel physician practice positions require a minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a physician practice or an acute care setting. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral, Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility. Employees working in the Banner McKee Senior Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit must possess an Colorado Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree preferred. Professional certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.