Surgical Technician Non Certified - Supply Sterile Proc
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Internal Number: 1359420
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - New Braunfels(CSRH-NB), nestled in the heart of downtown New Braunfels, is a full-service, 94-private bed facility that continues to expand to meet the needs of New Braunfels' strong population growth. Innovative equipment and procedures are utilized, including an Outpatient Imaging Center, orthopedic and surgical services, rehabilitation, a renovated birthing center, including 24/7 neonatal coverage, emergency care, wound care/hyperbaric center, 3D mammography, and comprehensive heart care, from diagnostics to open-heart surgery.
This position is responsible for preparing and passing instruments and equipment for assigned surgical procedures in accordance with hospital and department standards and is responsible for carrying out identified patient care needs delegated by an RN, Physician or Director/Manager/Supervisor. This position fulfills scrub role for patients undergoing complex specialty procedures.
· High school graduate or equivalent is required.
· Two (2) or more years of experience is preferred.
· Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology, Titanium Rib, Robotics etc. is highly preferred.
· Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to competently practice aseptic technique.
· Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical environment.
· Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
· Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a collaborative relationship with other staff and physicians.
· Computer skills very helpful.
· Must be able to handle multiple demands in the surgical suite.
· Current CPR certification (American Heart Association) is required.
· Certified Surgical Technician preferred.
· Must have completed an appropriate technologist certification training program in the U.S. military or U.S. Public Health Service. OR Surgical Technologist must have been employed to practice in health care facilities prior to 9/1/09.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.