Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Clinical Informatics Specialist (Learning Solutions), Full-Time, to join our Nemours Children's Health team in Wilmington, Delaware.
This position is responsible for providing direct and technical support, enterprise wide, to the Nemours clinical associates to ensure the efficient and accurate utilization of the Nemours electronic health record. The role of this position includes identifying process improvements, initiating change, educating and serving as a resource to clinical associates. The Clinical Informatics Specialist also functions as a consultant to work collaboratively with all disciplines to optimize the delivery and documentation to support Nemours strategic initiatives.
- Provides daily shoulder to shoulder support to Nemours clinical associates throughout the enterprise.
- Facilitates optimization of the EMR to enhance clinical documentation.
- Provides education to Nemours clinical associates for upgrades, optimizations, and new hire orientation. Demonstrates well developed oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Coaches and guides end users in developing and broadening skills related to use of the electronic health record.
- Analyzes complex clinical operations and workflows to facilitate decision making across the enterprise and recommends solutions for bridging performance gaps.
- Continually evaluates workflows and changes in practice to improve processes to facilitate evidence based practice and safe patient care. Act as a consultant to clinical associates seeking learning solutions related to the electronic health record, and recommend appropriate educational strategies.
- Performs all facets of instructional design process (analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation) for electronic health record education for Nemours clinical associates.
- Develops and utilizes methods of obtaining feedback from clinical associates. Responds to and follows-up with associates and leadership concerns in a timely manner. Uses aggregate feedback to improve overall systems to enhance patient satisfaction, patient safety, and clinical associates satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team environment, under aggressive deadlines, while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Manage designated projects, direct its tasks, review deliverables, and communicate with team members.
- Must have a strong knowledge of clinical practice and workflows, organizational structure and an aptitude for conflict resolution.
- Acts as a liaison to unit-based informatics committees/teams.
- Bachelor's Degree OR must obtain Bachelor's Degree within 3 years of hire required.
- Minimum of three (3) years' clinical experience required.
- Active clinical licensure required (Nursing or Respiratory Therapy preferred) and transferable to Delaware\Florida (or compact state).
- Epic experience preferred.
- Epic training certification preferred.
- EMR experience preferred.