Location: Bear, Delaware
Nemours Children's Health Becks Woods Therapy Services is hiring a 40 hour/week Speech Language Pathologist. Pediatric experience is preferred. Consider joining our dynamic team of Pediatric Therapists.
This position provides speech-language pathology services, including patient examination, evaluation, intervention, documentation, parent/caregiver education, communication, and coordination of care with medical/clinical staff and outside agencies as appropriate within the guidelines designated by the department and the Delaware Valley policies and procedures.
- Must be eligible for Delaware licensure
- Must hold a primary license (DE) license which is required prior to start date
- A secondary license must be applied for after acceptance of offer (PA, NJ)
- BLS certification Basic Life Support is required (can be completed onsite at Nemours within 6 months of date of hire) and must be maintained for duration of employment (American Heart Association). This can be completed at Nemours during the orientation process as needed.
- Member of professional specialty organizations (ASHA) preferred
- Based on programmatic need and licensure requirements, associate may be required to provide inpatient or outpatient coverage at various locations associated with Nemours.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the care of all ages: pediatrics, adolescents, and adults.
- Able to provide speech-language pathology services to a variety of patient types with recognition of his/her own limitations while seeking appropriate mentorship as needed.
- Completes timely documentation as required by departmental policy #7980.3.3, Joint Commission, and CARF standards.
- Attends meetings related to patient treatment and contributes to discussion as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Consults with other services, families, and outside agencies to recommend additional referrals both internally and in the community prior to discharge from therapy.
- Maintains knowledge of and familiarity with insurance referral/authorization process and documentation requirements related to therapy services.
- Completes all mandatory training which may include, but is not limited to safety, infection control, corporate compliance, HIPAA, bioterrorism, CPR and program specific respiratory training.
- Participates in triage and coverage planning as necessary to meet patient care and departmental needs.
- When required by assignment, participates in weekend/holiday inpatient coverage rotation, including checking the code blue cart per guideline #7980.GL.24.
- Team Work: Participates in conflict identification and resolution. Works cooperatively on multidisciplinary, single discipline, program specific and specialty teams. Assists in maintenance of department space and equipment.