Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine ultrasound procedures in accordance with providers' orders, the procedure manual, and exam protocols under supervision of a Radiologist. The Ultrasonographer produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent information to the Radiologist for interpretation.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
Internal Associates Not Eligible
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for ultrasound examinations by confirming providers' orders, verifying patients' identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs ultrasound examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and clinical conditions and maintains clinical and technical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in Ultrasound.
- Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of ultrasound services/operations.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Disinfects equipment and ultrasound probes according to MWHC and proper infection control standards. Adheres to standard precautions at all times.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction.
- Is supportive of the MWH School of Radiologic Technology and the ultrasound cross-training program. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient information and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Participates in performance improvement activities for the Ultrasound department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of accredited program in ultrasound or MWHC/MIF cross-training program, or twelve months relevant experience required.
- AHA BLS CPR Provider required.
- ARDMS (OB/GYN and RVT) required.
- Registry in Abdomen (AB) and Pediatric Sonography (PS) preferred.
- Three years relevant experience preferred. Experience with applicable EMR, Radiology, and information systems preferred.
- Works with leadership in evaluation of new protocols and providing peer education.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.