Location: Montebello, New York
Admin / Clerical
The HIM Coordinator is responsible for a variety of tasks in multiple areas of the Health Information Management Department. The primary function is to identify, verify, and update/edit the Master Patient Index in all software programs, including, A4, ConnectCare, and SoftMed which are utilized by the HIM and Coding departments for appropriate patient identification.
- Processing the daily duplicates which are identified in the Connect Care Work queues of patients with a duplicate MRN in the ConnectCare system and any assigned Heat Tickets.
- This position is responsible for ensuring these updates are made in ConnectCare, SoftMed and A4 accurately, efficiently, and timely.
- MPI Analysts also are responsible for notifying other departments such as Radiology of daily merges.
- This position is also responsible for handling all other projects that involve the accuracy of the master patient index system to include but not limited to the conflict report, A4 and Chart View integration report.
- This position works in conjunction with the Manager to assist with Charting Errors.
- MPI Analysts will ensure proper insertion of the For Your Information (FYI) flags to include charting error and release restrictions as required.
- Works with the Connectcare Data Integrity Team, clinical and ancillary departments to correct any charting in error situations.
- May participate in various BSHSI or BSV MPI related committees and meetings.
- This position provides coverage for all hospitals within the Charity market.
One (1) year experience in a medical office setting preferred with knowledge and experience using computers and electronic medical records. MPI merge experience highly desirable.
High School Graduate
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.