Radiology Technical Assistant PRN supports Technologists by providing upfront patient assistance and prep to improve patient flow and organization, resulting in more timely care for patients.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Accepts and performs patient care duties as assigned by Allied Health Professional.
- Answers phone calls from patients and helps direct patient flow.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and/or next steps in their medical process.
- Receives phone calls from the floor/ED and provides timely communication regarding scheduling.
- Serve as second MRI personnel necessary for MRI safe coverage within Zone 3 and 4 per ACR and JCAHO requirements; serve as tech extender for CT.
- Patient retrieval and provides patient transport assistance as needed.
- Initial screening: MRI screening for metal/allergies and CT screening for allergies; escalate to the Technologist for review. (Level 2 MRI or CT technologists perform final screening.)
- Provides patient assistance (i.e. restroom) and preps patient to go into imaging.
- Supports patient flow and unit operations by maintaining supplies, equipment and modality environmental standards (stock room, prep for next patient).
- Participates in modality staff meetings, in-service, etc. as required.
When it comes to diagnostic imaging, children's needs differ from adults'. They need extra safeguards and care. Our team has the experience and training to keep your child safe while providing accurate medical images. Our goal is to exceed families' and referring physicians' expectations with our imaging and interpretation.
We support the Image Gently Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging, dedicated to raising awareness of lower radiation doses in the imaging of children. Children's Hospital also supports and practices the radiation safety principle of ALARA, an acronym for "as low as reasonably achievable."
Position shift: Variable
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.