Location: Wilmington, Delaware
This position has a 10% supervisory component and 90% clinical patient care responsibilities. Demonstrated clinical proficiency in direct patient care and is responsible for the completion of 100% of clinical competencies/mandatories. This position is responsible for the coordination and management of clinical, educational, and research activities involving the Respiratory Care Department and Emergency Room (E.D.), and/or locations requiring advanced respiratory services. The Clinical Specialist will be responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations, and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of Nemours.
The typical schedule is a 3-day workweek 7A - 7P.
This clinical lead position is the point person for ED related projects, orientation, and training, and aiding in bringing in new equipment and procedures to the unit. The position is also responsible for developing and/or providing cardiopulmonary focused education for physicians, residents, nursing, outreach programs, and other medical professionals within each of these areas, the organization, and its' affiliates.
The position is responsible for serving as a liaison between Emergency Department and the Respiratory Care Department. The ED Lead role is the point person for ED related projects, orientation, and training, and aiding in bringing in new equipment and procedures to the unit. The position is also responsible for developing and/or providing cardiopulmonary focused education for physicians, residents, nursing, outreach programs, and other medical professionals within each of these areas, the organization, and its' affiliates. Applicants for this position should prepare themselves for a candidate selection process that focuses on clinical skills, leadership experience, and leadership potential.
- Responsible for facilitating a collaborative and supportive relationship between key departments within the organization in order to achieve hospital and practice goals and objectives.
- Participates in orientation and ongoing Respiratory Care education for Critical Care staff including respiratory therapists, nursing (registered nurse, advance practice nurse), ancillary care (OT, PT, and Speech) and all providers (attending's, fellows and residents). In coordination with Clinical Instructors, designs, develops, implements and evaluates In-service and educational programs for the technical and professional staff with the Medical Director of Respiratory Care and Management of Respiratory Care.
- Participates and regularly reports on continuous quality improvement process. Designs, develops, implements educational tools for clinicians or medical staff, based upon services and quality improvement monitoring,
- Attends and participates with assigned unit's operational and quality meetings as a representative of the Respiratory Care Department.
- Performs as the subject matter expert in the development and periodic update of policies and procedures as well as staff competencies.
- Assists in the development and completion of research projects that involve the Respiratory Care Department and/or the assigned unit medical team members.
- Participates in the evaluation of new respiratory care products and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of all applicable licensing, regulatory and accreditation standards. Assures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements including JCAHO standards, State regulations, Life Safety Code, National Fire Prevention Association, Office of Human Protection, Americans with Disabilities Act and Clean Air Act, in areas of responsibility.
- DE State of Division Professional Regulation: Respiratory Care Practitioner License; NBRC-RRT
- AARC membership with one subspecialty section required
- American Heart Association BLS and PALS required
- Emergency Department or Pediatric ICU experience required
- External Candidates- Bachelor degree required.
- Internal candidates- Associate degree is acceptable if candidate is actively enrolled in program to obtain Bachelor degree within 3 years of start date (to closest graduation time period