Location: Miami, Florida
Responsible for organizing and managing office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Job Specific Duties
- Achieves financial targets by managing expenditures, analyzing actual vs. projected volumes, initiating corrective actions, and contributing to budget planning.
- Assists the Director in developing workflows, methods, and procedures to ensure economy and efficiency of operation of the department.
- Manages accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and ensures that the process runs smoothly.
- Evaluates transfers and tracks and trends situations searching for ways of improving methods and making them more time and cost-efficient.
- Ensures office staff and procedures are handled effectively by providing training, and coaching. Provides in-service to staff hospital-wide regarding transfer center operations.
- Maintains and updates departmental policies and procedures with Director's approval.
- Monitors inventory of supplies and orders as needed. Reconciles and supports the inventory of supplies and reorders when needed. Reconciles and supports the purchase order process as requested.
- Maintains an active, hands-on level of participation in all transfer requests in and out of the facility.
- Coordinates bed assignment and Physician-to-Physician and RN-to-RN discussion as appropriate for effective, safe, and timely transfers.
- Prepares administrative reports for management. Maintains all reports, personnel records, licenses, and permit renewals as needed for the department.
- Provides supervision to the operation and ensures the department is properly staffed.
- Reconciles and supports the maintenance of timecards, payroll reports, and attendance monitoring. Ensures attendance related practices comply with hospital policies.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 4-7 years of clerical office experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Education or equivalent
- Prior Office Manager experience preferred
- Supervisory Experience preferred
- Decision making and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Human relations and team building skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to represent department in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner
- Ability to follow complex written or verbal instructions to solve complex problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and KRONOS
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus