Location: Newark, Delaware
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cancer Center Infusion
FT - Day Shift - (Hours: 8a-4:30p) No Weekends or Holidays
Christiana Care is currently looking for an experienced RN for the Outpatient Cancer Center at Helen F. Graham Infusion Suite. This nurse position is responsible for administering chemotherapy and infusion treatments, implanted port flushes and lab draws, cancer treatment-related assessments, and education. This position adds value to the transformation of care at CC by providing access to safe and effective care through the above services to our patients at the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center (HFGCC).
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic healthcare organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible, and lowering healthcare costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center, and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Best Hospitals. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions.
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Education & Requirements
- Delaware RN License or RN License from a compact state.
- BSN required; or commitment to obtaining within three years of the date of hire.
- BLS Certification required.
- Two years of nursing experience required; nursing experience in oncology preferred.
- Advanced nursing degree or certification as an Oncology Nurse (OCN) by the Oncology Nursing Society is preferred. If not currently OCN certified, certification should occur within two (2) years.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Potential exposure to infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, body fluids. Rotation/travel to satellite facilities required. Flexibility to provide patient coverage as necessary with potential for extended hours.
Standing, sitting, and walking all day. Ability to transfer patients from stretcher to stretcher or treatment table. Weight depends upon patient - from 100 lbs.+, approximately three times per day. (Lifting laundry bags).