COME LEAD OUR TALENTED WOMENS HEALTH TEAM IN BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX, ARIZONA!
ABOUT THE POSITION
Dignity Health Medical Group (DHMG) is actively seeking a highly experienced leader to serve as Chair for the Department of Womens Health in Phoenix, Arizona. We are recruiting for a well-rounded and collaborative physician leader with a strong passion for mentorship, teaching, research, and community outreach. This physician leader will be comfortable in initiating and managing relationships with faculty, along with developing and maintaining positive relationships with community leaders in the community.
The Department Chair will be primarily accountable for the overall success of the Department of Womens Health by improving the quality of clinical care, education, and scholarship. This individual will also be responsible for collaborating with the Medical Group Administration to strategically plan the future growth and development of the department, the Healthcare Service Lines within the department, and the implementation of educational programs. Additionally, this individual will serve as the liaison for quality and cost effective initiatives between the Dignity Health Medical Group and Dignity Health Arizona.
The Department of Womens Health includes 30 physicians, 8 certified nurse midwives, 1 PA and 34 residents. Within the department, there are Divisions of OBGYN (including midwifery), Maternal Fetal Medicine, and Advanced Gynecology. The physician leaders of these Divisions will report directly to the Chair. The geographic footprint of DHMGs Womens Health team stretches across the Phoenix metropolitan area, covering ambulatory and hospital services in Phoenix, Chandler, and Gilbert.
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital located in Phoenix, Arizona, that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area, is the flagship hospital of Dignity Health, and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health system in the US. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
In the East Valley of Phoenix, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center is a 197-bed hospital which will be opening a new Womens and Children Pavilion in 2023. The new center will provide increased access to maternity and pediatric care and will offer Level III Obstetrical Care for normal and high-risk pregnancies, including a state-of-the-art 60-bed Level III NICU. Chandler Regional Medical Center is a full-service, 429-bed acute-care and trauma level 1 hospital, with approximately 78,000 emergency department and 5,000 trauma activations annually. It is a primary stroke center, has cardiovascular and cardiac surgery services, and neurosurgery. Combined, our East Valley facilities deliver over 7,000 babies/year with growth anticipated with the opening of the Women and Childrens Pavilion.
Dignity Health Medical Group has an academic affiliation with Creighton University School of Medicine (CUSOM). Creighton University now has a full Phoenix presence with a four-year medical school, nursing school, pharmacy school, occupational/physical therapy schools, and physician assistant school within a mile of the St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center campus. This expansion will ensure that Arizonaand DHMGare doing their part to contribute to top-notch training of future medical professionals. DHMG currently provides educational instruction to over 35 OBGYN residents within our Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance at the St Josephs Hospital campus.
CommonSpirit is developing a Graduate Medical Education program at its hospitals in Gilbert and Chandler, Arizona, with plans to also have OB/GYN, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, General Surgery, and Emergency Medicine residency programs starting soon.
- MD or DO Degree and Active Board Certification or Board Eligible
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Completed ACGME Residency training
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Is a team-oriented provider that is passionate about providing quality care and furthering the healing ministry, while serving the poor and underprivileged
- Fosters a collaborative model of practice to promote the growth and success of the Dignity Health Medical Group as a whole
- Works within the team to develop and implement quality metrics for the department, appropriate financial incentives, practice guidelines, and strategic plans for growth across service lines
- Collaborates with academic leaders to develop and implement educational programs within the department
- Mentors physicians and APPs within Department, conducts regular evaluations and provides feedback for improvement
- Clinically active physician who models the practice of evidence-based medicine and superior patient experience skills
- Strives to be a servant leader who exemplifies mission-appropriate excellence and professional growth of the members of the department and promote a culture which supports the mission statement of the Medical Group and organization
- Publishes and promotes publications with the department in order to promote an academic and evidence-based practice
- Perform such other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Hospital President, the Board of Directors, Community Board, or the President, COO or CMO of the Medical Group
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time employed physician leadership position. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- DHMG is a physician-led, clinically integrated, academic medical group
- Competitive salary, benefits & a matched 403B retirement package in addition to a separate employer funded pension plan
- Opportunity for an academic appointment with Creighton University
- CME Benefits
- Sign-on Bonus
- Paid Relocation
This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer of Dignity Health Medical Group for medical group activities.
CommonSpirit Health is the largest non-profit, mission-driven healthcare system in the country. It was formed by the merger of Dignity Health and CHI in 2019, and spans across 21 states. Dignity Health Medical Group in Phoenix, AZ is a 275+ physician and APP team providing services throughout the Phoenix metro area. Dignity Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides nearly $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves. With a unified vision of becoming an organization where physicians, care teams and staff come to do their best work--and patients come for the best care--Dignity Health Medical Group is searching for exceptional talent that is patient focused and team-oriented, who can become a part of our mission-driven organization.
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners, and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizonas Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nations highest annual population growth. Home to more than 4 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the sixth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves, and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl
- Home of the Phoenix Open and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The Best Mexican Food North of the Border
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Childrens Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet, and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Healths St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center - home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.