Location: Akron, Ohio
Admin / Clerical
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time (40 hours per week) M-F Days, Primarily 8:30am to 5pm
The Office Coordinator performs daily office functions, financial, and Kronos Time and Attendance Scheduling. Provides clerical support for the director, manager, supervisors, and clinical/staff pharmacists. Participates in cross coverage efforts with other office staff and secretaries.
1. Processes Kronos Time and Attendance Schedules for 4 pharmacy departments (IP/OP/Specialty/MV).
2. Assigns Hospital DEA numbers to all resident physicians. Prepares list of physicians, pager numbers, and DEA numbers for use by pharmacists.
3. Enters monthly OARRS wholesale reports on the Board of Pharmacy Website. Collates and files monthly invoices of controlled substances transferred to offsite IP and OP units.
4. Enters individual controlled substance prescriptions into the OARRS Pharmacy Database.
5. Manages the departmental physical equipment asset inventory and processes additions or deletions as necessary.
6. Prepares the end of month financial statement for transfer of pharmacy costs to other departments.
7. Maintains Emergency Medical Services database for EMS license, protocols/procedures, drug administration and EMS squad personnel.
8. Processes staff schedules and time/attendance in Kronos. Edits time discrepancies prior to management approval.
9. Communicates effectively with providers, allied health professionals and other hospital staff. Uses appropriate telephone etiquette. Records, communicates and delivers messages accurately.
10. Prepares meeting agendas, reserves conference rooms, and prepares meeting minutes. Work is performed so that meetings operate efficiently.
11. Manages and updates all department polices and standard operating procedures. Manages Pharmacy Sharepoint site.
12. Provides administrative support for the director, managers, supervisors, and clinical/staff pharmacists. Schedules meetings and coordinates schedules of multiple individuals. Schedules departmental travel itineraries.
13. Organizes and maintains departmental files. Prepares files for pick up by Iron Mountain Storage.
14. Inputs and disables access into the medication dispensing systems.
15. Orders office supplies and subscriptions/books.
16. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in a front office medical function is required.
2. Experience with maintaining confidential information is required.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required
4. Experience in healthcare preferred.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook Excel, Word) or similar software is required. Experience with Visio and PowerPoint preferred. Electronic Medical Record software and scheduling software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Associate degree preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: none
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: