Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a BC or BE Anesthesiologist to join at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center- Temple, Texas.
- The Anesthesiologist will practice general anesthesiology, to include neuro, OB, thoracic, and regional anesthesia. No cardiac or pediatric cases.
- This position will have a teaching faculty appointment with our academic affiliates, Texas A&M College of Medicine and Baylor College of Medicine. The anesthesiologist will have numerous academic opportunities with medical students, residents, and fellows.
- The selected individual will join a large established team of anesthesiologists and CRNAs, along with nursing, anesthesia tech and admin support in a mixed anesthesia care team/solo staffing model.
- The work schedule is expected to be Monday-Friday with weekend and evening call rotated equally among the group.
- Approximately 1 weekday call shift per month, with pre and post call days off
- 1-2 weekend call shifts (12 hours) per month, with premium pay
- Additional earnings opportunities are provided for working after hours and weekends.
- Scott & White Memorial Hospital is a 636- bed acute care Level I trauma center and academic site for Texas A&M College of Medicine and will soon host Baylor College of Medicine medical students.
- This is an employed position with a competitive salary, productivity bonus, moving allowance, a comprehensive benefits package and no state income tax.
- Epic EMR system
Benefits: Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and time off
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar employer match
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- 20 days/ 4 weeks of paid vacation days per year
- CME reimbursement ($4,200) and paid time off (3 weeks)
- Excellent relocation assistance package
About Temple, Texas
Temple and the surrounding areas have a population of approximately 450,000. Located in the heart of Texas, Temple is only a short drive north of Austin, TX. We are within a 2.5 hour drive of 5 of the top 12 most populated cities in the U.S. (Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston). The Temple area has low crime, excellent schools, little traffic, and a very low cost of living. Texas has no state income tax.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health now includes 48 hospitals, more than 1,000 access points, 9,600 active physicians, and 48,000 employees, plus the Scott and White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute and Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance—a network of clinical providers and facilities focused on improving quality, managing the health of patient populations, and reducing the overall cost of care.
Our Temple campus is the primary teaching site for Texas A&M College of Medicine medical students and residents and soon to be Baylor College of Medicine medical students. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center- Temple, was recently ranked # 2 in the nation as a Top Teaching Hospital by IBM/Watson in 2021.