Location: Marquette, Michigan
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
UP Health System (UPHS), a Duke Lifepoint Hospital in Marquette, Michigan (on Lake Superior) is growing with the addition of an employed, part-time Physician Assistant to strengthen our established Emergency Department team. Those who are currently practicing or are currently in training can be considered.
- 12 hour Emergency Department shifts, single PA coverage working with two board certified Emergency Medicine Physicians in the department
- 4-8 shifts per month
- 19 bed Emergency Department in a level II trauma center, main regional referral center
- 34 hours of physician coverage per day, 12 hours of PA coverage daily
- Approximately 1.6 patients per hour average
- PA works in main ED department, no dedicated fast tract/express care
- EDIS EMR system in the ED, Paragon inpatient system
- Full lab and radiographic support including US, CT, MRI capability
- Satisfactory completion of a physician assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant or one of its predecessors agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistance
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan
- State of Michigan controlled substance license required
- Current DEA registration required
- AHA approved BLS, ACLS and ATLS
- Preferred candidate to have experience as a physician assistant in an emergency department setting that includes adult and children as well as competence with performing standard emergency department procedures
UP Health System - Marquette, a 307-bed specialty care hospital with a medical staff of more than 200 providers, provides care in 65 specialties and subspecialties. Major services include Heart Institute, Cancer Center, Brain and Spine Center, Rehabilitation Center, Behavioral Health, Digestive Health, Weight Loss Center and Women's/Children's Center. The hospital offers a 24/7 hospitals program for admitting patients and provides the region's premier services in imaging, surgery and laboratory. Home to the UP-Telehealth Network, a leading telehealth network in the nation.
Located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Marquette sits on the shores of Lake Superior with access to hundreds of miles of untouched wilderness, making it a hotspot for outdoor enthusiasts. Thrive in a family friendly and active community with adventure and activities year-round. Home to Northern Michigan University and tourist driven economic well-being.
"The largest town in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, still small Marquette sits on the shores of Lake Superior, making it a hotspot for outdoor enthusiasts..." - USA Today 10 Best