Location: Suffern, New York
The Radiology Coordinator is responsible for overall administrative support to Radiology managers, Lead RN of Angiography, and Lead Techs for all departments within Radiology. Also, responsible for the compliance of all staff credentials; ensure all technical and professional licenses and certifications are valid, verified, and renewed.
- Assures compliance of all annual and mandatory updates, including employee ongoing educational courses, performance appraisals, PPDs, flu shots, fit testing, and competencies.
- Prepares all new-hire employee documentation.
- Submits new-hire computer access requests and coordinate initial training.
- Coordinates the onboarding of all contracted vendors.
- Works closely with vendor contact and Occupational Health and Human Resources to ensure pre-employment requirements are met.
- Ensure the compliance of all annual updates and credentials.
- Maintains accurate and complete files.
- Coordinates the onboarding of all students and works closely with the Program Directors and Professional Development to ensure pre-employment requirements are met.
- Ensures the compliance of all annual updates and credentials. Maintain accurate and complete files.
- Type all revisions/updates to departmental job descriptions, competencies, policies, and protocols.
- Act as timekeeper for the department. Perform weekly timekeeping and prepare payroll for the System Director's approval.
- Prepares and updates various on-call, holiday, and departmental schedules.
- Coordinates the use of Person-on-Call program for Radiology; enter radiologists' on-call schedule on a weekly basis.
- Coordinates management and physician meetings, interviews with applicants, and vendor in-services.
- Type confidential correspondence, budget statements, and other related materials upon request.
- Maintain accurate and complete employee files.
- Records, prepares, and distributes monthly staff meeting minutes.
- Submits work orders, telco, and computer user requests.
- Process necessary check requests and foundation funds.
- Coordinate the process for obtaining and forwarding results for the Cardiac CTA Program.
- Coordinate Radiology Department's annual celebratory functions i.e.: Tech Week, Holiday Party, retirements, etc.
- Maintains and updates Radiology Department's Communication Board.
- Manages water delivery account.
- Order office supplies, forms, business cards, lab coats, and specialty items upon request.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum 2 years clerical experience required, preferably in a medical office or hospital environment. Previous payroll experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Education: High School Diploma required.
Licenses / Certifications: N/A
Other: Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Special Requirements: N/A
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.